Seventeen years ago this month my husband and I were training to be church planters with the Christian & Missionary Alliance (The Alliance). Rick was going for his ordination, and I was going for my consecration. There was a district conference we both planned to attend, but Rick hurt his back and he could not go, so I went alone to represent our tiny congregation.
At the conference the Lord spoke to me about many things through the various people who spoke, as they shared what the Lord was teaching them through his word. So, I took detailed notes so that I would remember what all he taught me. This is a summary of what I learned:
• Preach the Word of God, not the teachings of man
• Listen to God, hear what he is saying, and then obey him
• Tell the people what God tells you to tell them and leave the results in his hands
• What you are going to do, do it NOW
• You were appointed by God as a herald and a teacher of true faith
• God has given you a clear sense of his purpose for you and an urgency…
• Fan into flame the gift(s) of God within you
• Give your ministry over to God – it is not yours, it is his
• God may have something else for you to do that you have not even thought of
• Write down what God shows you and then wait on him to bring it about
• Don’t ask God “why,” just trust him – stand firm, press on
• What you are going through is much bigger than you can imagine
• NOW is your time! – For such a time as this I was placed upon the earth…
• Be a tree climber and get a closer look at the Supremacy of Jesus Christ
• The Church is in crisis – the crisis of Supremacy
• It is indistinguishable between the lives of evangelical Christians and the world
• We need to get back to the basics – we need to put our focus on Jesus and the cross of Christ instead of on the teachings of man
It was then the Lord called me to this present ministry of writing down what he teaches me from his word each day and of placing it on the internet so that the internet could “run with it” (the name of my blog). I would never have imagined then the journey that God has taken me on these past seventeen years. All glory to God!
One thought on “Seventeen Years Ago”
Praise God for His call on your life and thank you for being obedient.
LikeLiked by 1 person